“A Lie that Grows, a Song”
Season 1, Episode 62
October 2, 2012 (Latin America)
Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta
Episode 062, also known as A Lie that Grows, a Song is the 62nd episode of the first season of the television series Violetta. It first aired on October 2, 2012, in Latin America, and it was directed by Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban and written by Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta.
In an attempt to increase the reality show's viewers, Marotti focuses more on the contestants' personal lives rather than their talent and edits the filmed interviews. This causes the Studio's students to fight with each other, nearly exposes Angie's secret and, worst of all, ruins Violetta's relationship with Leon.
Filming Violetta and Tomas together, Marotti thinks that they're dating behind Leon's back. Soon, the video of Violetta and Tomas together is uploaded to the internet. Violetta tries to stop Leon from seeing the video, but it's too late. Leon breaks up with Violetta again. In an attempt to increase the reality show's ratings, Marotti edits the filmed interviews with the contestants and in the edited videos the show's contestants are acting in a negative way; Federico makes fun of Leon, Leon hates the Studio's new students, Francesca wants the show's judges to pick her for the show's next round, and Maxi makes negative comments about Francesca. This results in the Studio's students fighting with each other. Upset with having to see the students fighting with each other, Antonio decides to cancel the show. Reading her mother's diary, Violetta finds out that she has an aunt named Angeles, but she doesn't know that Angie is Angeles. When Angie expresses to Pablo her worry about Violetta will sooner or later discover who's her aunt, they both find out that the whole conversation has been taped. To make things worse, the tape has been taken over and the video will soon be uploaded. Angie decides that it's time to tell Violetta the truth.
- Diego Ramos as Herman Castillo
- Martina Stoessel as Violetta Castillo
- Pablo Espinosa as Tomas Heredia
- Jorge Blanco as Leon Vargas
- Mercedes Lambre as Ludmila Ferro
- Nicolás Garnier as Andres
- Alba Rico as Natalia Vidal
- Lodovica Comello as Francesca Caviglia
- Candelaria Molfese as Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé as Maxi Ponte
- Simone Lijoi as Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento as Broduey
- Rodrigo Velilla as Napo
- Artur Logunov as Braco
- Clara Alonso as Angie Carrará
- Florencia Benítez as Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matias LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons as Olga Peña
- Alfredo Allende as Lisandro Ramallo
- Rodrigo Pedreira as Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani as Beto Benvenuto
- Ezequiel Rodríguez as Pablo Galindo
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa as Antonio Fernández
- Leon and Violetta broke up in this episode.
- Violetta finds out that she has an aunt named Angeles, who's actually Angie.
- The episode ends when Angie is about to finally tell the truth to Violetta.
| To view the Season 1/Episode 062 gallery, click here.