“A Competition, a Song”
Season 1, Episode 57
September 25, 2012 (Latin America)
Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta
Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban
Episode 057, also known as A Competition, a Song is the 57th episode of the first season of the television series Violetta. It first aired on September 25, 2012, in Latin America, and it was directed by Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban and written by Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta.
Federico threatens to tell Herman about Violetta's secret. At Leon's suggestion, Federico sings with Violetta and, admiring her talent, becomes friends with her and promises to not tell her father anything of her secret. The Studio's students sign up for the talent show. Violetta refuses to sign up because she doesn't want her father to find out. When Ludmila makes fun of this, what will happen next?
Violetta is unhappy that Federico is staying at her house. Federico finds out that Violetta is studying at the Studio and singing without her father knowing. He also discovers that Angie is Violetta's tutor. Federico threatens to tell Herman everything. Leon convinces Federico to hear at least Violetta sing. Violetta and Federico sing "This Is My World" together. Admiring Violetta's singing talent, Federico becomes friends with her and promises not to tell her father anything. Meanwhile, cameras are installed everywhere at the Studio since a reality show will be set up there, and they will record everyone. The students sign up for the talent show. Violetta doesn't want to sign up because she fears that her father will find out. Tomas tries to convince Violetta to sign up, but to no avail. Maxi overhears Naty telling Francesca that she likes him. Ludmila makes fun of the fact that Violetta refuses to sign up for the show and calls her "a coward". Out of anger, Violetta decides to sign up for the show. Violetta tells Leon that she'll tell her father everything if she wins the show.
- Diego Ramos as Herman Castillo
- Martina Stoessel as Violetta Castillo
- Pablo Espinosa as Tomas Heredia
- Jorge Blanco as Leon Vargas
- Mercedes Lambre as Ludmila Ferro
- Nicolás Garnier as Andres
- Alba Rico as Natalia Vidal
- Lodovica Comello as Francesca Caviglia
- Candelaria Molfese as Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé as Maxi Ponte
- Simone Lijoi as Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento as Broduey
- Rodrigo Velilla as Napo
- Artur Logunov as Braco
- Clara Alonso as Angie Carrará
- Florencia Benítez as Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matias LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons as Olga Peña
- Alfredo Allende as Lisandro Ramallo
- Rodrigo Pedreira as Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani as Beto Benvenuto
- Ezequiel Rodríguez as Pablo Galindo
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa as Antonio Fernández
Note: Simone Lijoi did not appear in this episode.
- In My Own World (theme song)
- This Is My World (acoustic version by Federico and Violetta)
- More Tears (acoustic version by Ludmila and Tomas)
- In this episode, Violetta and Federico became friends.
- Naty confessed that she likes Maxi.
- Ramallo, Olga, Angie and Leon all said almost the exact same thing to Federico, warning him not to hurt Violetta.
- Violetta's choreographer, Sergio Mejía, made a cameo as a YouMix reporter.
| To view the Season 1/Episode 057 gallery, click here.