“A Deception, a Song”
Season 1, Episode 50
September 14, 2012 (Latin America)
Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta
Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban
Episode 050, also known as A Deception, a Song is the 50th episode of the first season of the television series Violetta. It first aired on September 14, 2012, in Latin America, and it was directed by Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban and written by Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta.
Gregorio gives the members of his special group an assignment that they will do in duets. Unfortunately, he decides that Violetta and Ludmila will be singing together in a duet.
Thanks to Ludmila, Violetta, Tomas and Leon end up in the same place. Leon doesn't believe that Violetta got a letter about meeting at the park. Violetta wants to prove it, but the letter is inside her diary, which is left behind at the Studio. Ludmila and Naty get there first and get the diary. When Ludmila tries to open the diary, the letter falls out from it, so Violetta's chances to prove everything to Leon are all wasted up. Gregorio wants the special group to sing in duets; Tomas has to sing with Naty, Leon has to sing with Maxi, and, unfortunately, Violetta has to sing with Ludmila. Ludmila wants to sing the main vocals and Violetta to do background vocals. Violetta refuses and doesn't like the song Ludmila wrote. Violetta wants to form a temporary truce with Ludmila, but the latter refuses. Tomas apologizes to Ludmila, but she hugs him, so Violetta can see them. Meanwhile, Jade and Matias have to pay for the information about Angie, but they don't have any money. Matias tries to steal a painting and, later, a TV, but both attempts fail. Jade is forced to sell her engagement ring, but the detective already gave the information to Ramallo, who overheard Jade and Matias earlier. Violetta challenges Ludmila to a duel which will conclude who will do the song.
- Diego Ramos as Herman Castillo
- Martina Stoessel as Violetta Castillo
- Pablo Espinosa as Tomas Heredia
- Jorge Blanco as Leon Vargas
- Mercedes Lambre as Ludmila Ferro
- Nicolás Garnier as Andres
- Alba Rico as Natalia Vidal
- Lodovica Comello as Francesca Caviglia
- Candelaria Molfese as Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé as Maxi Ponte
- Simone Lijoi as Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento as Broduey
- Rodrigo Velilla as Napo
- Artur Logunov as Braco
- Clara Alonso as Angie Carrará
- Florencia Benítez as Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matias LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons as Olga Peña
- Alfredo Allende as Lisandro Ramallo
- Rodrigo Pedreira as Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani as Beto Benvenuto
- Ezequiel Rodríguez as Pablo Galindo
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa as Antonio Fernández
- Nestor Hidalgo as the detective
- In My Own World (theme song)
- The Only One I See (acoustic version by Naty; instrumental)
- Once Again
- I Find It All Inside The Music (samba version)
- Naty sang by herself for the first time in the series.
- Tomas disguised as a pirate again.
- Matias mentioned Mary Poppins in this episode.
- At the end of this episode, Violetta challenges Ludmila to a singing duel.
| To view the Season 1/Episode 050 gallery, click here.