“An Opportunity, a Song”
Season 1, Episode 40
July 6, 2012 (Latin America)
Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta
Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban
Episode 040, also known as An Opportunity, a Song is the 40th episode of the first season of the television series Violetta. It first aired on July 6, 2012, in Latin America, and it was directed by Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban and written by Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta. This is the last episode from the first part of the first season.
On the eve of the big show, Ludmila is forced to drop out because she has to fulfill her job to appear as a spokesperson for the pig food commercial. Everyone tries to convince Violetta to be in the show because she's the only one who can save it. What will Violetta do?
The day of the big show, as well as Herman and Jade's engagement, is coming. Ludmila is forced to drop out of the show to fulfill her job to appear as a spokesperson for the pig food commercial and she's replaced by Naty. But the Studio's only hope to save the show is Violetta. Tomas tries to convince Violetta to be in the show, but Leon shows up at the same time to support Violetta. While hiding, Tomas hears Leon telling Violetta that he loves her with his whole heart. At the engagement party held on an island in the middle of the lake, Violetta rethinks everything and decides to be in the show, after all, so she sneaks out and catches the next boat to shore. Just before Violetta shows up, Gregorio calls Pablo, pretending to be a friend of Angie's. He tells Pablo that Angie was badly injured in an accident and that she is in hospital. Pablo leaves the theater to go to the hospital. Violetta shows up at the show in the last minute and takes over the lead role. Before taking the stage, Violetta reveals to Tomas that she has feelings for both him and Leon. Leon is unhappy to hear this. Violetta performs "I Love You" at the show and receives a standing ovation, but soon, Gregorio destroys the stage and the lights get blown off. At the same time, Herman shows up looking for Violetta, with Angie trying to stop him.
- Diego Ramos as Herman Castillo
- Martina Stoessel as Violetta Castillo
- Pablo Espinosa as Tomas Heredia
- Jorge Blanco as Leon Vargas
- Mercedes Lambre as Ludmila Ferro
- Nicolás Garnier as Andres
- Alba Rico as Natalia Vidal
- Lodovica Comello as Francesca Caviglia
- Candelaria Molfese as Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé as Maxi Ponte
- Simone Lijoi as Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento as Broduey
- Rodrigo Velilla as Napo
- Artur Logunov as Braco
- Clara Alonso as Angie Carrará
- Florencia Benítez as Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matias LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons as Olga Peña
- Alfredo Allende as Lisandro Ramallo
- Rodrigo Pedreira as Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani as Beto Benvenuto
- Ezequiel Rodríguez as Pablo Galindo
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa as Antonio Fernández
Note: In this episode, Samuel Nascimento wasn't part of the main cast.
- Jesús Villegas as Charly
- Jade and Herman are about to get married in this episode, but the wedding is interrupted when Violetta escapes from the wedding and Herman tries to chase her.
- This is the final episode of the first part of Violetta.
- Violetta escaped from the wedding because she did what Angie said: If you think that this (the theater) is your home, you can stay here.
- Francesca mentioned that she has a grandmother in Rome.
| To view the Season 1/Episode 040 gallery, click here.