“A Disappointment, a Song”
Season 1, Episode 38
July 4, 2012 (Latin America)
Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta
Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban
Episode 038, also known as A Disappointment, a Song is the 38th episode of the first season of the television series Violetta. It first aired on July 4, 2012, in Latin America, and it was directed by Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban and written by Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta.
After Jade discovered her secret, Violetta is forced to give up her dreams for the sake of her father's happiness. Angie quits her job as Violetta's tutor, and tells Violetta that it's because of her career, but Violetta doesn't buy it and resents Angie for leaving her.
Jade now knows that Violetta's attending the Studio behind her father's back. Angie tells Herman that she doesn't have any feelings for him and that she quits her job as Violetta's tutor. Angie lies to Violetta that she quit her job because she needed more time for herself. Jade gives Violetta an ultimatum: Violetta has to tell her father that he should marry Jade and that she is a good person, but if not, Jade will tell him everything about her attending the Studio. Violetta is about to tell the truth to her father, but recoils and tells him that they have to give Jade another chance. Violetta feels that she has to give up her dreams for the sake of her father's happiness. Francesca tries to tell Tomas that he's hanging out with the wrong person, but fails. Because of the rehearsals, Tomas hurts his ankle and Violetta feels sorry for him despite a grudge between them. Thinking that the show won't go on without one of the actors, Gregorio tells Tomas to keep rehearsing his dance moves. This results in Tomas spraining his ankle. After what Violetta said, Herman and Jade get back together. Jade wants to choose a new date for the engagement party, but Herman decides to keep the old date, meaning that the engagement party will be on the same day as the show. To show Violetta that she can't give up her dreams if she wants to be happy, Angie brings her to the concert hall.
- Diego Ramos as Herman Castillo
- Martina Stoessel as Violetta Castillo
- Pablo Espinosa as Tomas Heredia
- Jorge Blanco as Leon Vargas
- Mercedes Lambre as Ludmila Ferro
- Nicolás Garnier as Andres
- Alba Rico as Natalia Vidal
- Lodovica Comello as Francesca Caviglia
- Candelaria Molfese as Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé as Maxi Ponte
- Simone Lijoi as Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento as Broduey
- Rodrigo Velilla as Napo
- Artur Logunov as Braco
- Clara Alonso as Angie Carrará
- Florencia Benítez as Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matias LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons as Olga Peña
- Alfredo Allende as Lisandro Ramallo
- Rodrigo Pedreira as Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani as Beto Benvenuto
- Ezequiel Rodríguez as Pablo Galindo
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa as Antonio Fernández
Note: In this episode, Samuel Nascimento wasn't part of the main cast.
- Unknown as the ghost inspector #1
- Unknown as the ghost inspector #2
- Unknown as Mario
- Angie quits her job as Violetta's tutor.
- Jade said that if Violetta doesn't tell her dad she is a good person and he should marry her, Jade will tell Herman everything about Violetta's secret.
| To view the Season 1/Episode 038 gallery, click here.