“A Rivalry, a Song”
Season 1, Episode 31
June 25, 2012 (Latin America)
Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta
Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban
Episode 031, also known as A Rivalry, a Song is the 31st episode in the first season of the television series Violetta. It first aired on June 25, 2012, in Latin America, and it was directed by Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban and written by Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta.
The auditions for the show are in full swing, but who will get the lead male and female roles? Meanwhile, after they reconciled with each other, Violetta and Tomas decide to repeat their failed first date.
Despite the previous mishaps and deceptions, Violetta and Tomas' failed first date is still going as planned. Herman decides to wait until the right moment to tell Violetta about her grandmother and cancels his trip to Dubai. Meanwhile, the auditions for the show are still going on. Antonio removes Angie from the judging panel because her vote could've been unfair since she's Violetta's aunt. So, Tomas gets the male lead role and Ludmila gets the female lead role. Upset about being the second, Camila decides to drop out of the Studio. Angie thinks that Pablo had the idea to remove her from the panel. Angie and Pablo discuss telling the truth to Herman in front of his house. But they're interrupted by Herman himself. Leon warns Violetta to not go on a date with Tomas because he might hurt her again. Violetta decides to take the chance. While on the date, Tomas tells Violetta that he's going back to Spain.
- Diego Ramos as Herman Castillo
- Martina Stoessel as Violetta Castillo
- Pablo Espinosa as Tomas Heredia
- Jorge Blanco as Leon Vargas
- Mercedes Lambre as Ludmila Ferro
- Nicolás Garnier as Andres
- Alba Rico as Natalia Vidal
- Lodovica Comello as Francesca Caviglia
- Candelaria Molfese as Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé as Maxi Ponte
- Simone Lijoi as Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento as Broduey
- Rodrigo Velilla as Napo
- Artur Logunov as Braco
- Clara Alonso as Angie Carrará
- Florencia Benítez as Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matias LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons as Olga Peña
- Alfredo Allende as Lisandro Ramallo
- Rodrigo Pedreira as Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani as Beto Benvenuto
- Ezequiel Rodríguez as Pablo Galindo
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa as Antonio Fernández
Note: In this episode, Samuel Nascimento wasn't part of the main cast.
- Nikole Castillo as Andrea
- This episode ends when Tomas told Violetta that he has to go back to Spain.
- Camila decided to quit her music career in this episode.
- Agus made her last appearance in this episode.
- Andrea made her last appearance in this episode.
- The students sang I Know Where You Are for their audition for the big show.
| To view the Season 1/Episode 031 gallery, click here.