“An Opportunity, a Song”
Season 1, Episode 12
May 29, 2012 (Latin America)
Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta
Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban
Episode 012, also known as An Opportunity, a Song is the twelfth episode in the first season of the television series Violetta. It first aired on May 29, 2012, in Latin America, and it was directed by Jorge Nisco and Martín Saban and written by Solange Keoleyan and Sebastián Parrotta.
The entrance test is in full swing. For the sake of her friendship with Francesca, Violetta refuses to reveal her true feelings for Tomas, so she won't hurt her best friend's feelings. Also, Violetta faces an opportunity to join the Studio, but she is not sure if she should do it or not.
After performing together at the audition, Tomas tells Violetta that he felt something magical and asks her if she felt it too. Violetta denies this because she'll ruin her friendship with Francesca if she reveals her feelings for Tomas. Jade steals Maria's necklace and makes Matias hide it inside Angie's purse. However, the necklace soon disappears from Angie's purse. It turns out that Olga found the necklace while cleaning the house, thinking that Angie took it. Angie and Olga soon find out that Jade and Matias were behind this. Tomas tries to convince Violetta to audition for the Studio, saying that she's a natural singer. Violetta refuses because she doesn't want to hurt her father's feelings. Tomas then brings Violetta the application papers. Violetta is unsure whether or not to join the Studio. Later on, Violetta catches up to Pablo and tells him that she wants to join the Studio.
- Diego Ramos as Herman Castillo
- Martina Stoessel as Violetta Castillo
- Pablo Espinosa as Tomas Heredia
- Jorge Blanco as Leon Vargas
- Mercedes Lambre as Ludmila Ferro
- Nicolás Garnier as Andres
- Alba Rico as Natalia Vidal
- Lodovica Comello as Francesca Caviglia
- Candelaria Molfese as Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé as Maxi Ponte
- Simone Lijoi as Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento as Broduey
- Rodrigo Velilla as Napo
- Artur Logunov as Braco
- Clara Alonso as Angie Carrará
- Florencia Benítez as Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matias LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons as Olga Peña
- Alfredo Allende as Lisandro Ramallo
- Rodrigo Pedreira as Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani as Beto Benvenuto
- Ezequiel Rodríguez as Pablo Galindo
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa as Antonio Fernández
Note: In this episode, Samuel Nascimento wasn't part of the main cast.
- Nicole Luis as Laura
- Violetta and Angie imagined how their life could be if Jade and Herman got married in this episode. In their imagination, Violetta is sent to a private boarding school, Olga is fired because she didn't stop talking, Angie becomes the new housemaid and Jade travels around the world every single day with Herman.
- This episode, mysteriously, has the same title as episode 10.
| To view the Season 1/Episode 012 gallery, click here.