Martina Alejandra Stoessel Muzlera
March 21, 1997
Singer, actress, dancer, model
Martina Alejandra "Tini" Stoessel Muzlera, (born March 21, 1997) is an Argentine teen actress, singer, dancer, and model. She is best known for portraying Violetta Castillo on the Disney Channel Original Series Violetta.
Life and Career
Born in 1997, she's the daughter of Alejandro Stoessel and Mariana Muzlera. Martina also has a brother named Francisco Stoessel, who is a year older than her. When she was young, she attended an acting school for three years where she studied acting, singing and dancing.
Her musical career began in 2011 after singing "Tu Resplandor",the Spanish version of "The Glow" from the "Disney Princesses: Fairy Tale Songs" album.
In 2012 she sang a song as a single for the soundtrack of Violetta called "En Mi Mundo", and two songs in a duet with Pablo Espinosa (Also known as Tomas) entitled "Tienes Todo" and another with Lodovica Comello (Francesca) entitled "Junto a Ti."
In 2012 she voiced the character Alice in the Spanish-dubbing of the movie Alice's Birthday, and then the following year she voiced the character Carrie Williams in the Italian-version of the movie Monster's University, alongside her Violetta co-star Lodovica Comello.
|2007||Patito Feo||Martina/Young Anna||Unknown episodes|
|2013||Monsters University||Carrie Williams||Italian dubbing|
|2016||Tini el gran cambio de Violetta||Tini/Violetta||Lead Role|
Awards and Nominations
|2012||Kids' Choice Awards Argentina||Revelación||Violetta||Won|
|2013||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Artista Latina Favorita||Nominated|
|Premios Martín Fierro||Revelación||Won|
- Martina is the youngest out of the main cast of Violetta.
- Her zodiacal sign is Aries.
- She has 4 tattoos: one on her right wrist that says "All you need is love", one on her neck that says "Imagine" over a peace sign, a heart on her left finger and a hand that makes a peace sign on her arm.
- She said in an interview that she regrets getting her fourth tattoo (the one on her arm)
- Her best friend from the set of Violetta is Mercedes Lambre.
- She was dating an actor called Peter Lanzani, but they broke up in April 2015. 
- She sang the Spanish version of the song "The Glow" in 2011 which is called "Tu Resplandor".
- She sang the Spanish and Italian versions of "Let It Go" from the movie "Frozen". The Spanish version is called "Libre Soy" (I Am Free) and the Italian version is called "All'alba Sorgerò" (I Will Rise At Dawn).
- Her fans are called "Tinistas".
- She sang the Italian, English, and Spanish versions of "In My Own World". The original Spanish version is called "En Mi Mundo" and the Italian version of the song is called "Nel Mio Mondo".
- She is 5'47 feet tall. 
- In May 2014, Martina released an autobiography called "Simplemente Tini" (Simply Tini). The book was originally published in Spanish, and it has since been translated into French, Portuguese and Italian. It is called "Semplicemente Tini" in Italian, "Simplesmente Tini" in Portuguese and "Ma Vraie Vie" in French. Her book has been released in Polish in January 2015, and it will be called "Po Prostru Tini". In November 2015, it was released in Hungarian, titled "Egyszerűen Tini". 
- On 10 August 2013, Martina performed, along with the rest of the cast of Violetta, at a UNICEF charity television event called Un Sol Para Los Chicos, where she sang the songs "Ser Mejor" and "En Mi Mundo". 
- Her favorite TV shows are "Smash" and "Gossip Girl". 
- Her favorite singers are Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. She also likes Beyonce, Madonna, and Rihanna. 
- Her favorite subject is history. 
- Her biggest dream is to become a famous singer.
- She prefers jeans and shirts over skirts and dresses, which are considered as Violetta's main style on the show.
- She really likes the character Ludmila.
- She has been on the front covers of several magazines, including one called Trinity Stars and the Argentinian version of "Seventeen".  
- She once did an interview with Bridgit Mendler in English, and in it she said that she likes music and singing and hanging out with her friends, just like Violetta. She had to learn her lines for the interview, since she didn't speak English at that time. 
- She once went to Disneyland Paris with some of the other cast members from Violetta. 
- She sometimes calls Violetta 'By-o-let'.
- She always does a special hand shake with Facundo just before the concert (Violetta en Vivo) starts. 
- She has a stunt double named Evelyn Valenttinetti. 
- The meaning of Martina is "of Mars the god of war, warlike". 
- In an interview, she said that she sang Demi Lovato's song "Lo Que Soy" (The Spanish version of This Is Me) in her audition to play the character, Violetta. 
- She said that she can relate to the song "This Is Me" by Demi Lovato a lot.
- She got a Fiat for her 17th birthday. 
- She performed a showcase of songs in London, UK in March 2014, and afterwards, she received an early birthday cake with 'Keep Calm Its Martina's 17th Birthday' iced on it. 
- She has graffiti that says "All U Need Is Love" on her bedroom wall. 
- She and Ruggero made a pizza for Candelaria's birthday. 
- She played the characters Martina and the younger version of Anna in the TV series Patito Feo, which her father produced.
- She did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and nominated her ex-boyfriend Peter Lanzani, Argentine fashion designer Benito Fernández, and her Violetta co-star, Jorge Blanco. 
- In September 2014, she went to Germany to promote Violetta, and she gave a small concert in Berlin. 
- She and her ex-boyfriend, Peter Lanzani, met Pope Francis in August 2014. 
- Her favourite football player is Lionel Messi, and she supports the Catalan football club FC Barcelona, the Argentinian football club Boca Juniors and the Argentina national team.  
- She appeared in a "Miss Manga" make-up ad campaign for L'Oréal Paris. 
- In October 2014 she appeared in the show "Ballando Con Le Stelle", the Italian version of "Dancing With The Stars". She danced with professional dancer Rafael Maia Muniz to a remix of Ariana Grande's "Problem" and Jessie J's "Bang Bang". Later on in the show, she sang a special version of her song "Nel Mio Mondo". 
- She loves the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. She has a tattoo of it on her neck and in October 2014, she recorded a cover of the song and released it on SoundCloud. 
- In October 2014, she appeared on the show "A todo o nada" (All or Nothing) with her dog Mía. 
- She and Jorge Blanco covered Jesse & Joy's song "Corre" at her "Juntada Tinista" concert. 
- She participated in the Violetta LIVE tour. 
- Her favorite clothing piece is high heels and she can't live without them. 
- Before she was born, her parents wanted to name her Sofia or Olivia, but later on, they decided to name her Martina instead. 
- She needed a baby's bottle to sleep until she was 7 years old, and when her father hid it from her she licked her fingers while she slept, and she sucked her thumb until she was 11 years old. 
- She isn't very good at Math, Physics, and Chemistry. 
- In November 2014, she went to Chile to promote "Simplemente Tini".
- When Martina was 14 she had braces, but had them taken out after the casting of Violetta. Halfway through Violetta, she had lingual braces on the bottom half of her teeth. However, due to tour commitments she was unable to continue going to the dentist, so the braces were taken out for the second time. Now she wears an Invisalign, since it allows her to put them on and take them out herself.
- She had to wear a false tooth during the first season of Violetta because one of her teeth hadn't finished growing. 
- For her 16th birthday, she visited the Disney headquarters in Burbank, California. 
- Before starting the Violetta LIVE tour, she gave a free concert in Buenos Aires on December 21, 2014. 
- On New Year's Eve 2013, she performed at the L'Anno Che Vera concert in Italy, where she sang "Nel Mio Mondo". 
- She and some of the other Violetta cast members went to watch "The Lion King" when they were in Brazil during the "Violetta en Vivo" tour. 
- In August 2014, she participated in the first day of Argentina Fashion Week, and she wore clothes by Argentina fashion designer Benito Fernández. 
- On December 29, 2014, she and the cast of Violetta LIVE did a small "concert" on the balcony of Teatro Real in Madrid, Spain. 
- She has visited London and Berlin, both for a showcase.
- In January 2015, her Instagram account was deactivated for a few days for unknown reasons. It was possibly hacked. The same also happened to her Violetta co-star Ruggero Pasquarelli.
- During the Violetta LIVE tour in Netherlands, she went to visit Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam.
- On September 12, 2015, Martina was a guest on Italian talent show "Ti Lascio una Canzone", where she performed the songs "Te Creo" and "Hoy Somos Más" with some of the contestants. 
- She once went to see Argentina's football club live.
- On September 10, 2015, she announced that she's going to star, along with Mercedes Lambre and Jorge Blanco, in the movie "Tini - El Gran Cambio de Violetta", which will premiere in May 2016. 
- She featured in an advertisement for "Tsums Tsums", a type of cuddly toy made by Disney. 
- In August 2015, it was announced that Martina had signed with Hollywood Records. 
- She went to a Katy Perry concert when she was in the Netherlands. 
- Martina went to an Imagine Dragons concert in Los Angeles. 
- Martina released her debut album "Tini" on April 29, 2016.
- Stoessel's debut album, "Tini", reached number 1 on the Argentine charts, number 44 in Netherlands and number 6 in Italy.
- She wants to have a child before she turns 26, but she first wants to get married.
- Martina says that she prefers eating healthy food, but that she also likes candies, chocolates, and chewing gum.
- When Stoessel's YouTube channel reached 100.000 subscribers, she made a video, where she said thanks to all of her fans.
- Martina would like to do a duet with the Argentine singer Lali Esposito.
- Her surname "Stoessel" is of Swiss descent, meaning that Martina has Swiss ancestry.
- The music video for her song "Great Escape" was released on the 8th, July 2016.
- She did a cover of the song "Desde Cuando" with Agustín Bernasconi on his YouTube channel.
- She has a godson named "Mirko".
- Her favorite Disney character is "Dory" from "Finding Nemo/Dory".
- She describes herself as being sensible and susceptible.
- When she travels her suitcase has to be organised.
- She loves beaches.
- She loves eating french fries with ketchup.
- She can open her nostrils really wide.
- Her favorite color is turquoise.
- She would love to visit Australia.
- While filming season 1 of Violetta, she would always wear a lot of makeup.
- She has a habit of biting her fingers.
- She thinks that her handwriting is horrible.
- She got her driver's license when she was 16.
- She always feels cold.
- She loves the Argentinian drink "mate".
- Since 2016, Stoessel has been in a relationship with the Spaniard Pepe Barroso, who also starred in her "Great Escape" music video.
- Her stylist is called Rebecca Corbin-Murray.
- She doesn't like Christmas panettone, even though she's Argentinian.
| To view the Martina Stoessel gallery, click here.
- ↑ Martina confirming her born date.
- ↑ News article about the Italian-dubbiing of Monsters University
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BGPDyhCQRqW/?taken-by=darktini
- ↑ Blog post about Martina and Peter's relationship.
- ↑ Martina breaks up with Peter
- ↑ Martina's height.
- ↑ Martina's tweet about her autobiography.
- ↑ News article about "Semplicemente Tini".
- ↑ "Ma Vraie Vie", the French version of "Simplemente Tini".
- ↑ "Simplesmente Tini", the Portuguese version of "Simplemente Tini"
- ↑ "Po Prostu Tini", the Polish version of Simplemente Tini"
- ↑ Simplemente Tini in Hungarian
- ↑ News article about Un Sol Para Los Chicos.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Blog post about an interview with Martina.
- ↑ Interview with Martina Stoessel.
- ↑ Blog post of the offical magazine that Martina Stoessel is on.
- ↑ Martina on Seventeen.
- ↑ Martina's interview with Bridgit Mendler.
- ↑ News article about the cast's trip to Disneyland.
- ↑ Violetta living the dream.
- ↑ Photos of Evelyn with the cast.
- ↑ The meaning of Martina's name.
- ↑ Interview with Martina.
- ↑ Martina's tweet about her birthday present.
- ↑ Blog post about Martina's trip to London.
- ↑ Photo of Tini in her room
- ↑ Cande's birthday
- ↑ Tini doing the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- ↑ Tini in Germany
- ↑ Tini and Peter with the Pope.
- ↑ Tini wearing a Barça jersey with Lionel Messi.
- ↑ Tini at an Argentina match.
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 5 Truths About Tini.
- ↑ Tini in "Miss Manga".
- ↑ Tini's tweet about "Ballando Con Le Stelle".
- ↑ Tini in "Ballando Con Le Stelle".
- ↑ Tini singing Imagine.
- ↑ Tini on "A todo o nada".
- ↑ Martina and Jorge singing "Corre".
- ↑ The cast for the Violetta LIVE tour
- ↑ Newspaper interview with Tini.
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 42.2 Martina Stoessel (May 2014). Simplemente Tini. (Planeta) ISBN 9789504939450.
- ↑ Tini in Chile.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e263zDEUcd8
- ↑ News article about Tini.
- ↑ Martina at Disney.
- ↑ Article about Martina's concert.
- ↑ Martina at L'Anno Che Vera.
- ↑ Tini and the cast visiting The Lion King.
- ↑ Tini with Benito Fernandez
- ↑ Violetta LIVE Madrid
- ↑ Tini and Francisco in Amsterdam
- ↑ Martina on "Ti Lascio una Canzone".
- ↑ Article about Tini's new movie in Italian
- ↑ Tini advertising Tsum Tsums.
- ↑ Article about Martina signing with Hollywood Records
- ↑ Martina at the Katy Perry concert
- ↑ Martina to the Imagine Dragons concert (in Danish)
- ↑ Martina's solo album
- ↑ Tweet about Tini's solo album.
- ↑ https://www.capif.org.ar/
- ↑ http://www.dutchcharts.nl/showitem.asp?interpret=Martina+Stoessel&titel=Tini&cat=a
- ↑ http://www.italiancharts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Martina+Stoessel&titel=Tini&cat=a
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BGPEMruwRrp/?taken-by=darktini
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BGPD1B5wRqc/?taken-by=darktini
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BGOkBJ6upAn/?taken-by=martinaftjorge
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BGMcwaRupOg/?taken-by=martinaftjorge
- ↑ 68.00 68.01 68.02 68.03 68.04 68.05 68.06 68.07 68.08 68.09 68.10 68.11 68.12 68.13 68.14 50 Facts About Herself.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5x5U7_-Mgw
- ↑ Agustín and Martina covering Desde Cuando.
- ↑ Article confirming Martina and Pepe's relationship
- ↑ Tini shopping in London.