April 13, 1990
Actress, dancer and singer
Lodovica "Lodo" Comello, (born April 13, 1990) is an Italian actress, dancer, singer and TV-hostess, famous for her role as Francesca Caviglia on Violetta, a Disney Channel Latin American Original Series.
Life and Career
Lodovica Comello was born in San Daniele del Friuli, Italy, in 1990. She demonstrated her passion for art, acting, dance, guitar from a very young age. In high school, she studied music theory and also learned how to play the guitar. In 2009, she took courses in music at M.A.S.: Music Arts & Show, a drama school in Milan, Italy. Two years later, she was cast as a performer for the Il Mondo di Patty tour, the Italian version of the widely successful Argentine children's program, Patito Feo. The tour held concerts in Italy and Spain. She also appeared as a backup vocalist for Brenda Asnicar's special section of the same tour in Italy.
While living in Milan and attending M.A.S., she found out about a Disney Channel Latin America casting search for Italian actors who also spoke Spanish. Although she spoke little Spanish, Lodovica memorized a short monologue in Spanish for her audition. One week after auditioning, she successfully obtained a role on Violetta, the network's latest tween musical television series. In 2011, Lodovica was announced as "Francesca Caviglia", the best friend and fellow classmate of the title character in the show. Filming for the program required Lodovica to move to Buenos Aires. Once cast in the series, Lodovica became fluent in Spanish.
In November 2012, she began recording the second season with the rest of the cast, which premiered on April 29, 2013. In 2013, she provided the Italian voice over for "Britney" in Monster's University.
On November 1, 2013, Lodovica released her debut single "Universo", from her upcoming debut album of the same name, which was released in Italy, Spain and Argentina on November 19, 2013. The album consists of eight tracks, seven original songs which Lodovica co-wrote, and an cover of Dusty Springfield's "I Only Want to Be with You". There is also two acoustic versions of "Universo", one in Spanish and one in Italian. Another song from the album, "Otro Dia Más", has been released as the second single, the video for which was filmed in Barcelona, Spain.
On November 24, 2013, Lodovica appeared on an Italian entertainment show called Quelli che... Il Calcio (Those who... play/enjoy football). She performed her single "Universo" and talked about Violetta and the Violetta en Vivo tour. 
In May 2014, Lodovica announced plans to embark on a world tour in 2015. A special website was created to allow fans to vote on various international cities with possible concert locations in Latin America, Europe, Israel, and the United States. The tour started on February 1, 2015 in Rome, and she toured in Italy, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, France and Poland. The tour finished on October 25, 2015 in Naples, Italy.
In September 2015, it was announced that Comello would be the hostess of the talent show "Italia's Got Talent", alongside Frank Matano, Claudio Bisio, Luciana Littizzetto and Nina Zilli as the judges. Audtitions were held in Vicenza, Milan and Catanzaro, before the show started on March 16, 2016, and finished on May 13, 2016.
In February 2017, Comello took part in the Sanremo Music Festival, an Italian music competition taking place over five consecutive nights. She competed with the song "Il cielo non mi basta" (The sky isn't enough for me), and also sang a cover of Mina's "Le mille bolle blu" (A thousand blue bubbles). On the festival's final night, out of 22 celebrities, Comello placed 12th.
|2013||Monsters University||Britney Davis||Italian dubbing|
|2015||Inside Out||Joy||Italian dubbing|
- Her first single is called "Universo" (Universe).
- Her zodiacal sign is Aries.
- Her fans are called "Comellistas".
- She has an older sister named Ilaria.
- Her best friends on set are Alba Rico and Candelaria Molfese.
- Lodovica runs a blog account (which she uses as her diary).
- She released first pop single, "Universo", in November of 2013, and its from her full-length album of the same name.
- Her debut album, Universo, peaked at number 22 in the Italian album chart, at number 56 in the Spanish album chart, and at number 12 in the Polish album chart. 
- She is currently married to an Argentine producer named Tomas Goldschmidt, they wedded on April 1, 2015.
- She voiced the character 'Britney' in the Italian-dubbing of the movie Monsters University alongside her Violetta co-star Martina Stoessel.
- She is fluent in four languages, Spanish, Italian, English and Friulan, the language of the Italian town where she and her family lived. 
- She is originally from the Udine part of the province Friuli-Venezia Giulia in the Northeastern part of Italy. 
- Her favorite Italian food is pizza, however she doesn't like cheese.
- When she was young, she was afraid of clowns. Her parents couldn't take her to a circus because if she saw a clown she would start crying. 
- She said if she has a daughter, she wants to call her Mia, and if she has a son, she wants to call him Davide. 
- Her parents are Paolo and Anna Comello. 
- She had her first crush at the age of 6, on a boy named Migele, who sat next to her at school. 
- If she wasn't an actress, she would like to be a veterinarian, because she loves animals. 
- She wants to visit Asian countries. 
- She loves candy. When she starts to eat some, she can't stop eating it, so she has to eat the rest as well. 
- Her favorite color is yellow.
- Her favorite music genres are Pop and Rock.
- Her favorite Disney movie is Pocahontas.
- Her favorite actors are Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep.
- Friendship is something that is very important to her.
- She loves the style of Serena van der Woodsen, the main character in the TV show "Gossip Girl".
- When she was young, she had a super secret diary, but she doesn't write in it anymore.
- Her favorite songs from her album Universo are "Otro Dia Mas" and "I Only Want To Be With You" 
- Her second single is called "Otro Día Más" (One More Day).
- She has three tattoos; one on her shoulder of Bruce Springsteen's guitar, another tattoo on her right hip and one with a bird and a flower.  
- She and Ruggero Pasquarelli talk to each other in Italian on set, so the others don't know what they're talking about.
- She did a concert tour in 2015, and that meant that she didn't participate in the Violetta Live tour. 
- Some of her favorite singers are Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and Joss Stone.
- The video for her debut single, "Universo", has been viewed over four million times on YouTube. 
- She lived in Buenos Aires for 3 years, until she finished recording Violetta. Now, she lives in Italy.
- Her third music video was released on September 5. It's the video for her song "I Only Want To Be With You", which was filmed by her husband Tomas Goldschmidt. 
- She used to live in an apartmart above Pablo Espinosa and below Jorge Blanco.
- She really likes the Nintendo video game "Tomodachi Life" and she constantly mentions it on her Twitter and Instagram. 
- She's 5ft 6in tall.
- On February 3, 2015, she came out with her new album "Mariposa", which means "Butterfly" in English.
- On January 31, 2015, she released her fourth music video for the song "Todo El Resto No Cuenta", which is also featured on her new album.
- She released her first book "Tutto Il Resto Non Conta" (All the rest doesn't count) in Italy on April 2. In May 2015, she released the Polish version, called "Cała Reszta Nie Ma Znaczenia"  
- In February 2015 she went to Portugal to sing in the show "Portugal's Got Talent", where she sang "Todo El Resto No Cuenta".
- She went to Poland in February 2015 to shoot her music video for the Polish version of her song "Sin Usar Palabras".
- Her second album, Mariposa, peaked at number 13 in the Italian album chart, at number 16 in the Portuguese album chart, and at number 81 in the Spanish album chart. 
- Her music video for the song "Sin Usar Palabras" (Without Words) was released on April 24, 2015.
- One of the songs on Mariposa, "Ci vediamo quando è buio", was inspired by something Alba Rico always said when she and Lodovica were missing their homes while working in Argentina. 
- She attended day 2 of the Giffoni Film Festival 2015.
- Her tour ended on October 25, 2015 in Naples, Italy.
- She's hosted "Italia's Got Talent 2016".
- She revealed in an interview that she'll be working on a third album soon. 
- She perfomed on "Portugal's Got Talent" in 2015.
- She wrote the song "Historia Blanca" for her niece Mia.
- She went to Fnac Colombo in Lisbon, Portugal to sign CDs, and she also gave a small concert to fans for her second album Mariposa.
- Lodovica released her single "Non Cadiamo Mai" worldwide on May 13, 2016, and the music video was released worldwide on May 12, 2016.
- Comello performed at the Milan pride parade on June 25, 2016.
- She went to a concert with the Danish band Lukas Graham in Milan on June 20, 2016.
- Lodovica is the host of the program "Singing in the car", produced by Italian TV8.
- Comello will star in the upcoming movie Poveri ma Ricchi (Poor but Rich) as Valentina. The movie will premiere on December 15, 2016 in Italy.
| To view the Lodovica Comello gallery, click here.
- ↑ News article about Lodovica's appearance on Quelli che... Il Calcio.
- ↑ article about Italia's Got Talent
- ↑ Lodovica's blog.
- ↑ The peak position of Universo.
- ↑ Blog post about Lodovica and Tomas' relationship.
- ↑ Lodo and Thomas are married!
- ↑ News article about the Italian-dubbing of Monsters University.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Interview with Lodo and Cande.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 10 things about Lodovica!
- ↑ Lodovica with her parents
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 11.6 Mini interview with Lodovica.
- ↑ Lodovica's twitcam.
- ↑ Lodo shows off her tattoo.
- ↑ Lodo at the beach
- ↑ Lodovica's website about her world tour.
- ↑ The cast for the Violetta LIVE tour
- ↑ The video for "Universo".
- ↑ Lodo shooting new video
- ↑ Lodovica and "Tomodachi Life".
- ↑ Lodovica with Mariposa
- ↑ Todo El Resto No Cuenta
- ↑ Lodovica's Tweet about her book
- ↑ The Polish version of Lodovica's book
- ↑ Lodovica in Portugal
- ↑ Lodovica in Poland
- ↑ The chart positions of Mariposa.
- ↑ Sin Usar Palabras
- ↑ Interview with Lodovica.
- ↑ Lodo at the Giffoni Film Festival 2015.
- ↑ Italia's Got Talent 2016 page.
- ↑ Interview with Lodovica in the Velvet magazine
- ↑ "Non Cadiamo Mai"
- ↑ Lodovica's tweet about the Milan pride
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://tv8.it/programmi/singing_in_the_car.html
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BM1l4-qA7GO/?taken-by=lodocomello