Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jorge Gabriel Blanco Güereña
December 19, 1991
Jorge Gabriel Blanco Güereña, (born December 19, 1991) is a Mexican singer, dancer and actor. He was born in Guadalajara (Jalisco), Mexico. He portrayed Leon Vargas on the Disney Channel Original Series Violetta. He also appeared on the Mexican version of High School Musical called High School Musical: El Desafío.
Life and Career
He began his television career in 2007 when he participated in the reality show High School Musical: La Selección which allowed him to participate in a spin-off movie of the successful U.S. High School Musical. Despite not winning the program, Blanco gives his voice to the album of the program, takes part in the movie High School Musical: El Desafío playing the character of Jorge and participates in the tour of the movie and the program between 2007 and 2008. In the film, plays the best friend of the protagonist Cristóbal Rodríguez (Cristobal Orellana), which is published in 2008 in Mexico and the following year in Italy.
In 2010, he appeared in the tenth episode of the miniseries Highway: Rodando la Aventura in 2011 and he's one of the protagonists of the first season of the television series Cuando toca la campana (When the Bell Rings). He also shot some music videos such as "Es el momento" and "A Celebrar" for the series. In May of the same year, he traveled to the U.S. to participate in the Disney's Friends for Change Games in the yellow team to help the charity UNICEF, which he is an ambassador for. He also participated in the music video for the song "We Can Change the World" which is sung by Bridgit Mendler for Disney's Friends for Change.
|2007||High School Musical: La Selección||Himself||Competitor|
|2010||Highway: Rodando la Aventura||Diego||"El Mochilero" (Season 1: episode 10)|
|2011-12||Cuando toca la campana||Pablo||Main Character (Season 1)|
Recurring Character (Season 2: 4 episodes)
|2011||Disney's Friends for Change Games||Himself||Yellow team|
|2016||Tini - El Gran Cambio de Violetta||Leon||Film|
Awards and Nominations
|2013||Kids' Choice Awards México||Favorite Actor||Violetta||Won|
|Kids' Choice Awards Argentina||Favorite TV Actor||Nominated|
|2014||Teen Weekly 2014||Favorite Actor||Won|
- He's an ambassador of Disney Amigos por el Mundo (the Latin version of Disney Friends for Change) as well as his fiancée, Stephie Camarena.
- His girlfriend in real life is Stephie Camarena, who is a singer and actress. Both have participated in High School Musical: La Selección, and later in Cuando Toca La Campana, the Latin American version of As The Bell Rings. They have been dating since 2007, and Jorge revealed that they got engaged on 26/08/16.
- He has two nieces: One called Raphita, and one called Valérie. Raphita is also his goddaughter.
- His zodiacal sign is Sagittarius.
- His fans are called "Jorgistas".
- In 2010, he had a brief role in the TV series Highway: Rodando La Aventura.
- In 2011, he traveled to the U.S. to participate on the Disney Channel Games (now Disney Friends For Change Games). He was in the yellow team and he was competing for the UNICEF foundation. He represented Mexico and he also appeared in the music video for the song "We Can Change The World" by Bridgit Mendler.
- He is 6 feet tall.
- His surname, Blanco, means "white" in English.
- He was born in Guadalajara, which is the second largest city in Mexico.
- He was in a wheelchair for a week after he sprained his ankle on the Violetta en Vivo tour. 
- He once went to Disneyland Paris with some of the other cast members from Violetta. 
- The name Jorge means 'farmer'. 
- He is very good at beatboxing.
- He started to play the guitar when he was 8 years old and he started to sing when he was 11 years old. 
- He and Mercedes made a cake together for Candelaria's birthday. 
- He can speak English, as shown in several episodes from Violetta.
- He doesn't like his character, Leon Vargas.
- His best friend on the set of Violetta is Ruggero Pasquarelli.
- He and Ruggero Pasquarelli make Vines together a lot.
- Martina Stoessel nominated him for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. 
- He likes football, and he supports the Spanish club Real Madrid and the Mexico national team. 
- He, Ruggero Pasquarelli and Stephie Camarena went to see one of One Direction's Where We Are concerts in Buenos Aires. 
- He really likes the band Maroon 5, and he covered their song "She Will Be Loved" in April 2014. 
- He and Martina Stoessel covered Jesse & Joy's song "Corre" at Martina's "Juntada Tinista" concert. 
- He was the second Violetta cast member to reach 1 million followers on Twitter, the first being Martina Stoessel.
- On April 1, 2015, he launched his YouTube channel, where he posts videos every Friday.
- In February 2016, Jorge signed with the Disney-owned record label Hollywood Records, the same label that Martina Stoessel is signed with.
- He went to the American Music Awards on November 20, 2016.
| To view the Jorge Blanco gallery, click here.
- ↑ Blog entry about Jorge Blanco being in Disney Friends for Change
- ↑ Jorge answering several questions about his life
- ↑ Video of Jorge and his goddaughter
- ↑ Jorge's video about meeting his niece.
- ↑ Video featuring Jorge in Highway: Rodando La Aventura
- ↑ List from all the Yellow team members from the Disney Channel Games
- ↑ Fans answering a question about Jorge's height
- ↑ Blog about Jorge's injury
- ↑ News article about the cast's trip to Disneyland
- ↑ Meaning of Jorge
- ↑ Violetta in Concert: The Family
- ↑ Cande's birthday
- ↑ Tini doing the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- ↑ Jorge wearing a Real Madrid jersey.
- ↑ Jorge's tweet about Mexico's World Cup campaign.
- ↑ Jorge and Ruggero at a 1D concert.
- ↑ Jorge singing "She Will Be Loved".
- ↑ Jorge and Martina singing "Corre".
- ↑ Jorge's YouTube channel
- ↑ Jorge signing with Hollywood Records
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JorgeBlancoG/status/800485333116669952