Fede (by everyone)
Federico is the new exchange student of Studio 21. He's from Italy and he lives in Violetta's house because his mother is Herman's friend.
Federico is portrayed by Ruggero Pasquarelli.
Federico is a good guy. At first, he seems like a bad guy, so Violetta disliked him. But soon, his true personality is revealed when he becomes friends with Violetta and the rest of the students of Studio 21.
When Federico first appeared, he seemed to be a little mean, when he wanted to tell Herman the truth about Violetta and the Studio. But after Ramallo, Olga, Angie and Leon talked to him, he became a lot more friendly, especially to Violetta. He had a crush on Violetta when he first met her, but she didn't feel the same for him, so they agreed to be just friends. He was one of the eight contestants in Talents 21, and despite Gregorio doing his best to thwart him, he came first. Right after the show ended, he had to go back to Italy to talk to his mother, and then hopefully record a CD with Youmix.
- Main article: Fedesca
Francesca and Federico are very good friends. At the beginning, Francesca seemed to have a little crush on Federico, but they are just friends. They have a lot in common, they are both Italians and love to sing in Italian and together. They also love spending time with each other and sing together in Italian, since they have a lot of things in common.
- Main article: Fedeletta
Violetta and Federico are close friends and they live in the same house. Violetta is the first person from the Studio that Federico met. At first, Violetta doesn't like Federico's attitude so Violetta considered him a new enemy. But later, she discovered that Federico will live in her house, she gets angry, and Olga, Ramallo, Angie and Leon tell him that he should be friends with Violetta. He also wanted to tell Herman that Violetta is studying music on Studio 21, but then he heard her sing and changed his mind. They decide to re-introduce themselves to each other and start over again. After a while Federico developed a crush on her but Violetta just sees him as a friend.
- He is the third Italian that appears on the series.
- He can play the guitar and the piano.
- He encourages Violetta to tell the truth to her father.
- Gregorio dislikes him, because Pablo chose him to be the exchange student, and Gregorio didn't want to have anything related to Pablo while he was the director of Studio 21.
- When Violetta first met him, she thought he was a bad person, but later on, they become close friends.
- He had a crush on Violetta when he first came to the Studio.
- The name Federico means 'peaceful ruler'. 
- He was chosen as one of the eight contestants for the reality show "Talents 21".
- Nothing much is known about his family, except that he grew up alone with his mum in Italy and they fought a lot (Revealed in A Risk, a Song).
- He will become a main character in season 3.
| To view the Federico gallery, click here.